The ideal portrayed in love songs is unattainable and frozen in time, static and packaged. Often these songs barely reflect the complexity of sex and relationships. So I don’t want to hear this kind of music while I’m having sex. I don’t need all that smooth-talking and flowery music. If the sentiment expressed in these songs exists between me and the person I’m having sex with then we don’t need the artificial accompaniment. I might enjoy listening to “love songs” when I’m not having sex however. A couple of my favorites that might remotely be classified as ‘love songs’ still can’t even be strongly identified with the music typically considered such — ELP’s Still, I Just Wanna Make Love to You by Etta James, and Girl Blue by the Main Ingredient.
Overall I find love songs too sugary. The songs I like are wild, passionate, furious and have sensual and infectious rhythmic patterns and beats – isn’t that what great sex should be? Check out at least a couple of a Sword Chinned Bitch’s songs to have sex to below:
1. My Thang, by James Brown: www.youtube.com/watch?v=46ueqMcyfwo
2. Make Some Room, by Sade: www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyDBQLUU48A
3. Crazy Train, by Black Sabbath: www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdHbA4GlSI
4. Incantation, Nocturnal Dominion: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g2v6bAwRk4&feature=related
5. Moondance, by Summoning: www.youtube.com/watch?v=eALBAr-aISo
6. Kingdom Gone, by At the Gates: www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlRSIFnV-FY
7. Nar Mataru/God of Emptiness, by Morbid Angel: www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8sBPMqARRE
8. Poison, by Bell Biv Devoe: www.youtube.com/watch?v=YejxyaFyUHc
9. Been a Long Time, by Led Zepplin: www.youtube.com/watch?v=P14ia9cKwVA
10. Dancing Days, by Led Zepplin : www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGST7qYvlMw
11. Rock Lobster, by the B52s (I did it before they did it in the movie!): www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDZy6-fMCw4
12. Funeral Feast, by Mortician: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv1RE7FUufM
13. Slam, by Onyx: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TortQoLorZc
I can hardly remember sex, let alone the music I like with it lol. I know I think the Scorpions are sexy, well their music is.
Oh Carla! Lol! That’s okay. 🙂
Hmmmmm…. I’m going to have to investigate these. I would also like to recommend “Back to Life” by Soul II Soul and “#1 Crush” by Garbage. 😉
Oh yeah, Back to Life is very sensual — I like Stupid Girl by Garbage but I’ll have to check out #1 Crush — thanks for the recommendations!
Rock Lobster??? Love is a Stranger by Eurythmics
Yeah, you gotta have some stamina for Rock Lobster 🙂 I’ll have to check Love is a Stranger out…
Loving this :)))))))))))) I saw this through my email and went WOOOOHOOOO can’t wait to see what S LIKES 🙂 xx
Good stuff Lady 🙂 🙂 🙂
since we were talking about Radiohead – and i saw “Crush ” up there ———- that one rocks ……..
here is one you might like 🙂
Hey Cat! I can’t wait to listen to this — I’ll play it as I get ready for work. Your other recommendations were so good that I look forward to hearing this one! Have a great day Cat and thanks, xoxo
🙂 Ur welcome 🙂 xx
Interesting list there. Crazy Train, a romantic song? I was thinking more the theme to Jaws, but that’s just me.
You’re right. Most love songs are pretty cheesy. YouTube a song called ’45 Years’. SSG and I have an affinity for that one.
You make me laugh — the theme to Jaws! I will definitely try that one — I think it fits in a lot of cases! I have to check out 45 years. Thanks!
Shit Fred! I can’t stop laughing at the theme from Jaws as music for an evening of romance! Thanks for the laugh! I keep thinking of the scenario!
LOL! Whattya wanna bet when SSG gets around to reading this thread, she’s going to shake her head and say “Oh, bear…” 😉
I suppose she’s used to ‘Bear’ humor by now! At least you guys have a sense of humor between you!
45 years is cheesy? Daisy not happy
I didn’t say that, Daisy! I was using 45 Years an example of a good one.
nine inch nails!!! Black keys!
This is great all these recommendations! I love it. I’m checking this out too! Thanks Evelyn:)
I would add Led Zep’s “The Ocean.” That one just gets me every time.
I can’t think of what that sounds like now — but I’m going to youtube it. I probably have it here on one of their albums I have here. I’m a huge Zeplin fan. Thanks…
Oh wait — that’s the one where they say, ‘now I’m singing all my songs to the girl that won my heart…’ — I think — anyways, I’m checking it out…
Thanks for the shout out! I wish I had thought to entitle the post ‘coitus musicalus list’…
Romance is definitely my thing…:)
Awre… Nice to hear…